VJ Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pc or mac?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gerry Dwyer
Admin
Gerry Dwyer

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 am

simple question, which do you prefer for VJing /preparing content and why?
Back to top Go down
stereo_mike
Admin
stereo_mike

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:53 pm

i use both for my cpntent generation.but i vj on my mac.i find that using quictime pro to standardize your video to one resolution and codec helps to keep things really straight forward when you are knee deep in visuals
Back to top Go down
Gerry Dwyer
Admin
Gerry Dwyer

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:41 am

good point, i used to use a sony vaio a beast of a machine and one day it just went bust so i got it fixed and since then i havent been able get the visuals properly working, it works fine as a laptop but the software i use keeps crashing and it cant find quicktime files even tho they play on quicktime no problem...
Back to top Go down
stereo_mike
Admin
stereo_mike

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:08 am

what software are you using?? my mac had a bit of a collision with a can of coke the other week and after i eventually got it working again.modul8 wouldnt start up so i had to do a complete clean install of osx.after that it work perfectly.if you can back up all your files on to an external hard drive i'd suggest you reinstall windows and try the vj software again.it might work.that or definitely go buy a mac book,i got a second hand one for cheap and its what i use.
Back to top Go down
Gerry Dwyer
Admin
Gerry Dwyer

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:26 am

well im using resolume, iv tryed old versions and new versions and both seem to be crashing.. I might try putting xp cause its vista and i hear xp works better with resolume... Eh i probably could have got a mac for the price i paid for this pc... Ill prob end up getting a mac..
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:27 pm

ah the ol' Mac vs. PC debate. I use a tired battered workhorse of an acer, had it for two years, 2 major repairs and countless club nights. I'd buy a mac alright but they are damn expensive for the spec you get, a vaio of the same spec is considerably less. I know they are more stable machines but PCs are really just handier.
If I were to buy mac I'd really splash out and get the macbook pro, a real demon but I wouldn't bother with the standard ones, all or nothing.

on a side note, anyone know any goood reasons why a touchscreen single unit PC would be a bad idea for a VJ, was playing around with one there and was thinking it would be well cool not to be using a mouse and looking like I'm facebooking while playing.
Back to top Go down
Gerry Dwyer
Admin
Gerry Dwyer

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:06 am

i actually using an acer now and it doesnt seem to be causing any major problems.. On the touchscreen idea not bad, saw a guy doing lights with one and he was showing me resolume he had it installed and looks pretty sweet + it would give you a more performance feel rather than clicking mouse all the time.
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:29 am

Totally, only thing is someone mentioned that they heat up real easily, cause everything is stuck together.
Back to top Go down
Gerry Dwyer
Admin
Gerry Dwyer

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:53 am

ah maybe... Well the one i saw looked sturdy and didnt look delicate or anything, maybe you should look into it before buying just incase....
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:01 pm

yeah, the sony one looks shick thought. tap that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pc or mac? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pc or mac?   Pc or mac? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pc or mac?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VJ Ireland :: Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: