VJ Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VJ Showcase Night in Cork?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ENFP
Admin

VJ Showcase Night in Cork? Empty
PostSubject: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 am

I'm thinking it would be a cool idea to try and have a VJ focused night in Cork? Does anyone want to collaborate with me in organizing it? We could get a few djs to play and have a variety of VJs in a CTRL ALT DEL style event. A Showcase.

VJ Showcase Night in Cork? Possible-VJ-night-poster-1
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 am

Thats a great idea. Cork def needs something like that, count me in, and please let me know in what can I help bounce
Back to top Go down
http://listn.to/disflux
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:43 am

Cool well do you know any other Vj's in Cork? I'll talk to some friends this evening and see if I can scout a venue for the night.
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Humm actually dont know any in person, but we could spread the link out of the forum and see who else is interested in participating. What you think of it?

Anyone else interested?
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:31 am

have you heard of VJ 1eyed, (he's playing in the bodega)? There's also pixelsxribblers who do electric underground but I don't have their contact details.
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 am

ENFP wrote:
have you heard of VJ 1eyed, (he's playing in the bodega)? There's also pixelsxribblers who do electric underground but I don't have their contact details.

Never heard of VJ 1eyed, just heard about pixelsxribblers from you... and prob I saw him in Liquid Lounge (not sure if it was him).

I know 2 other Vjs I will try to get in contact with them. Smile
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:28 am

Well 1eyed does visuals in the Crane Lane and Bodega, he's actually one of the owners of the Crane Lane. He doesn't really showcase. Do you know anyone in crawford doing creative media? Might be good to see if any of them are interested? I'll ask the Electric Underground lads and see if I can get contact details from them.
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 5:38 am

ENFP wrote:
Well 1eyed does visuals in the Crane Lane and Bodega, he's actually one of the owners of the Crane Lane. He doesn't really showcase. Do you know anyone in crawford doing creative media? Might be good to see if any of them are interested? I'll ask the Electric Underground lads and see if I can get contact details from them.

Humm no I dont know anyone in Crawford, but yes seems like a good idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:40 am

Ant from generic people has offered to do a set for us and he's considering bringing Shit Robot down and we could link the two acts.

Music-wise I think each VJ who plays can have their own DJ, though nothing too heavy. Wink
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:01 pm

actually, just wondering if you've posted anything on vjforums.com? Probably get a good response there.
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:05 am

ENFP wrote:
actually, just wondering if you've posted anything on vjforums.com? Probably get a good response there.

actually I havent thought of that, just posted on facebook far yet. Will you post it on vjforums?

cheers
Back to top Go down
TheOneEyedV.J.

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:44 am

ENFP wrote:

i just mind it for the bank.
hello to you all. i use resolume ave on a sony viao with nvidea, and a numark mixer. to be honest, all i do is rip stuff off the net, and buy a few loops here and there. i dont think this makes me a real artist pre-say lol. i just have a good grasp of tech stuff, and spent to much time watching battle star gallactica as a young fella.

that being said, if there was to be a showcase in cork, i would like to put the Bodega forward as a venue{for you real artists} we might even hit the brewerys for a bit of sponsorship if we could all agree on a format.

anyway, a special thanks is due to paul& ENPF, for promoting this forum and fledging{in cork anyway} artistic medium as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 10:02 am

TheOneEyedV.J. wrote:
ENFP wrote:

i just mind it for the bank.
hello to you all. i use resolume ave on a sony viao with nvidea, and a numark mixer. to be honest, all i do is rip stuff off the net, and buy a few loops here and there. i dont think this makes me a real artist pre-say lol. i just have a good grasp of tech stuff, and spent to much time watching battle star gallactica as a young fella.

that being said, if there was to be a showcase in cork, i would like to put the Bodega forward as a venue{for you real artists} we might even hit the brewerys for a bit of sponsorship if we could all agree on a format.

anyway, a special thanks is due to paul& ENPF, for promoting this forum and fledging{in cork anyway} artistic medium as a whole.

Hi TheOneEyedV.J.

Many thanks for joining us and for supporting the visual scene by making the Bodega available for a Showcase we all def will have to meet at some stage and discuss this. Once again thanks.

no doubts a special thanks to Paul for all of is input and help cheers
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 pm

shucks, you get me embarassed Embarassed

thanks though
Back to top Go down
pixelscribbler

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 9:36 pm

count me in for this for sure... really interested in any gigs, or even just a meet up to bounce ideas around for collab's.. I don't have the time i'd like to put into this at the moment, but am looking for an excuse to get back into things properly.
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:03 pm

pixelscribbler wrote:
count me in for this for sure... really interested in any gigs, or even just a meet up to bounce ideas around for collab's.. I don't have the time i'd like to put into this at the moment, but am looking for an excuse to get back into things properly.

Nice. Me and ENFP we are sorting out this, we will let you know more details soon.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
pixelscribbler

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 pm

ok, if you need any help let me know... my day job is as a graphic designer so i'm up for doing any posters or anything you might need...
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:50 am

pixelscribbler wrote:
ok, if you need any help let me know... my day job is as a graphic designer so i'm up for doing any posters or anything you might need...

Thanks for offering, I think that ENFP might have it covered Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VJ Showcase Night in Cork?   VJ Showcase Night in Cork? Empty

Back to top Go down

VJ Showcase Night in Cork?
Page 1 of 1