VJ Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ENFP
Admin

what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? Empty
PostSubject: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 am

Just a question I thought I'd ask everyone....

do you think it's all about you, your work is a separate entity to the sound or are do you play to the music? I myself treat each gig as a new and different ball game, change my visuals around, add new stuff etc. But I'd like to think that i can draw as much attention from crowd as the dj, that people come out of the night going 'good tunes & good visuals'

penny for your thoughts
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 am

hummm interesting thoughts.

Somehow im pretty much on the same boat. Def each gig is a different game. I also try to work around with the djs, when possible create flash content about the dj or club. It is always great when people come to us at the end and complement the music and visuals Smile

I have done both sides of Djing and Vjing at the same time or just Vjing... it come really hard to do it both at the same time.... that's why Im currently using the free time to do a couple changes around on the software... planning to use ableton live and resolume together.
Back to top Go down
http://listn.to/disflux
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:13 pm

sounds cool, how do you sink them up?
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:56 am

actually im still thinking how I will do that, have to try a couple things... honestly not sure yet how

I heard that it is possible to route resolume into live via midi and then control resolume via live.
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:37 am

I've heard that but you need to produce videos to each sound that are the same length, can be very time consuming to synch up.
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:52 am

hummm sounds like something fun to do. I will first sort out all the audio side then I will try add on the resolume to it. The audio part is already consuming the life out of me lol
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:55 am

Is it your own stuff or you just mixing?
Back to top Go down
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:04 am

it will be both. just trying to figure out the best live setup to use.... going slow as im still learning it lol
Back to top Go down
ENFP
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 6:34 am

totally, I'm trying to get my Arkaos grand VJ program down to a tee first myself.
Back to top Go down
crazzycat

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:30 am

very interesting to read about such discussions between professionals, thanks you guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.glittergraphicsnow.com
Disflux
Admin
Disflux

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:34 am

crazzycat wrote:
very interesting to read about such discussions between professionals, thanks you guys

Welcome to the forum Crazzycat and thanks for the comment Smile
Back to top Go down
stereo_mike
Admin
stereo_mike

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 am

i saw a review of ableton live 8 and there is a bridge available to link it and resolume together.definintly worth trying checking out if you wanna sync the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?   what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is? Empty

Back to top Go down

what do you think the most important part of being a VJ is?
Page 1 of 1